46 Park Drive
Topsham, ME 04086
Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company was founded in 2000 by Cal Hancock. Located in Cundy's Harbor and Topsham, Maine, the company specializes in creating gourmet, all-natural Maine lobster and seafood products that are easy to eat and enjoy. Hancock Gourmet Lobster Company has received many prestigious awards, including 11 Gold and 15 Silver sofi™ Awards from the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade at its annual Fancy Food Shows and a Gold at the first annual Gallo Family Vineyards Gold Medal Awards. Cal also won a Lobster Mac & Cheese Throwdown with Bobby Flay on the Food Network. Products can be found at fine food markets, in catalogs nationwide, or directly though the company. For more information, please visit HancockGourmetLobster.com.
Products: 40+ entrées, appetizers, soups, stews and desserts.
Certified Maine Lobster
Made in Maine
- Mail order – direct to consumer via catalog and website.
- Retail – Specialty, gourmet and natural food retailers in the U.S.
- Catalogs/Websites –– Williams-Sonoma, Neiman Marcus, MacKenzie Ltd, Dean & Deluca, Amazon, Kansas City Steaks, Norm Thompson, Saks Fifth Avenue, Vermont Country Store, Goldbely, and Stonewall Kitchen.
The National Association for the Specialty Food Trade, sofi™ Awards Competition
- Winner (2014), Outstanding Diet and Lifestyle Product, Gluten Free Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Winner (2013), Outstanding Frozen Savory, Lobster Flatbread
- Finalist (2013), Outstanding Diet and Lifestyle Product, Gluten Free Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Winner (2011), Outstanding Product Line
- Winner (2011), Outstanding Soup, Stew, Bean or Chili, Orr's Island Oyster Stew
- Winner (2011), Outstanding Perishable Foodservice Product, Lobster Risotto on the Half Shell
- Finalist (2011), Outstanding Frozen Savory, Pemaquid Point Lobster Pot Pies
- Winner (2010), Outstanding Frozen Savory, Port Clyde Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Winner(2010), Outstanding Soup, Stew, Bean or Chili, Lobster Corn Chowder
- Winner (2008), Outstanding Pasta Rice or Grain, Port Clyde Lobster Mac & Cheese
- Winner(2008), Outstanding Soup, Stew, Bean or Chili, Smoked Scallop Lobster Bisque
- Winner (2007), Outstanding Soup, Stew, Bean or Chili, Cundy's Harbor Lobster Stew
- Winner (2003), Outstanding Meat, Pate or Seafood, Pemaquid Point Lobster Pot Pies
- Finalist (2005), Outstanding Meat, Pate or Seafood, Nubble Light Lobster Wellington
- Finalist (2008), Outstanding Product Line
Gallo Family Vineyards Gold Medal Awards
- Winner (2006), Outstanding Fish or Seafood
- Cundy's Harbor is where the first commercial lobstering began in 1841. Hancock supports the town's efforts to keep Cundy's Harbor a working waterfront for future generations.
- Owner Cal Hancock represents her family's third generation of providing lobster and lobster specialties to consumers. Our products are inspired by family recipes.
- We use only the freshest, highest quality Maine lobster caught by Maine lobstermen in support of the eco-friendly Maine lobster industry.
- Our preparation methods ensure that the fresh, original flavor is never overwhelmed; instead its distinctive characteristics are enhanced with delicate accents.
- Our products are all natural – they do not contain preservatives, chemicals or colorings. Whenever possible, we use locally-produced ingredients.